Wednesday, 22 December 2010

Today I will mostly...

...be lugging around firewood.

Winter seemed to start early for us this year, as a result we of course lit our wood-burner a little earlier than expected. So our supply, whilst not used up, has diminished somewhat.

Have found a local supplier of three year seasoned wood that sounds pretty good, his stuff is already split and cut (around 60cm) so will only need one further cut to make it perfect for our fire - soon be time to get the trusty chainsaw out.

Actually I do enjoy working with the chainsaw - yes it's a noisy beast but the exercise is good for you. OK I am already getting plenty of exercise nowadays (and my waist will attest to that), but I need to take advantage of a quiet work period to get this sort of chore out of the way.

No comments: