Smallholding, House and Land

Ideal small-holding: Gorgeous habitable cottage with almost two acres of land for sale.

Monday, 22 March 2010

Hmm... No wood-burner last night.

For the first time this year, we didn't light the wood-burner last night as it seemed to be staying warm enough in the house.


It's a chore that I do enjoy, especially when you get a really good fire burning - such a pleasant sight.


Does this mean that spring/summer is actually on its way - I hope so - not so keen on all this cold stuff, the blood's still thinned out from our years in the Middle East !


Although I expect that this 'warm-ish' spell will just be a blip, I suppose I ought to go and split/chop some more wood just to be ready - there's supposed to be (according to lore) a couple more cold snaps to come.

No comments: